Friday, April 22, 2011

HTC Thunderbolt! Fast but Lacking Keyboard.

My second review will be on the HTC Thunderbolt.  I have not had a chance to open it up and test the entire system but I went to the Verizon store the other day to get another replacement for my Droid, I'll mention this in a future blog but, anyways, I checked it out and it is REALLY fast and it just looks amazing.  I must admit that I am shallow when it comes to phones and tend to buy them based on looks but who doesn't? So first let me show you some specifications.


Really big 4.3' touchscreen
8MP autofocus camera with dual led flash
1.3MP front facing camera
8GB Emmc + 768 RAM
36GB SD card which is upgradeable obviously, poor iPhones ;)
1ghz Qualcomm Processor


It already seems impressive. As I said before, the 1ghz processor, while potentially slower than the Global (which has a 1.2ghz processor), is really fast.  The touch screen is extremely sensitive and accurate, I actually noticed it is visibly better than the Droid. The camera is really nice also which is great for me because I take too many pictures. Another thing is that it is really slim, it doesn't appear that way in commercials.  It is small and looks nice but still has a large screen. Everything about this phone is excellent but I do have a few things I'd like to mention about it.

First off, the thing that will most certainly cause me to not purchase this phone, it has no physical keyboard.  I don't think I could go a day without the keyboard due to the amount of text messages I send on average. However, I do think this phone would be a perfect upgrade to those who have an aging HTC Incredible or possibly EVO, even the Motorola Droid if you are looking for something different.  Another semi-complaint is the front facing camera. I understand where they are going with it but I wish they would make it a little better.  Admittedly, I don't know a whole lot about camera prices but I can't imagine them losing much money by adding a 4 or 6MP camera in the front so that it is useful for "selfies" rather than just a Facetime like application that uses little data.

Overall, I would give this phone an exceptionally positive rating.. a(very conservative) 4.5 out of 5. I would probably not buy this but it is definitely a great phone. Thanks for reading and remember to follow my blog if you wish to hear the latest and greatest.

1 comment:

  1. i have it, got it a week ago, and i love it. the lack of physical keyboard doesnt bother me and i text a ton, too!

    ReplyDelete